What Is coinhive.com?
Coinhive.com is known as a redirect infection embedded on web browser with help from potentially unwanted program (PUP), which will customarily blockade you with ads. These ads are not just for business reason. What’s more, they bear on traps, scams, or swindles on their links. So it won’t just give you inconvenience but it will fulfill colossal harms. Here we will offer you some help to prevent these ads from decimating your PC, both for windows and mac.
In any case, the ads by Coinhive.com will pass on you to the websites with bad reputation, which totally meets your requirements in the surface but the substance is nothing to with what it claims. Besides, this website may particularly contain virus or different kinds of noxious things. So when you open this links, your PC may have been infected. In addition, it can similarly interface you to download some freeware. These applications will cumulate to use up the resource of your PC. Thus, it could annihilate your PC.
Besides, coinhive.com can take control over your browsers, whatever browsers you use, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari. When all is done, it is catching your browsers once it arrives. So it has eyes over everything going on these websites.
It is common that innocent users have no spot to look for exhortation in the circumstance, so our group has made some removal guides here which will help you to eliminate coinhive.com orderly. So please follow them and get rid of it as soon as possible.
Our experts have worked out the solutions on removing coinhive.com from Windows PC and Mac OS below: Section 1 is for Windows PC Users; Section 2 is for Mac OS Users. Please follow the corresponding solution for your computer OS.
Click the tabs below to select Section 1 or Section 2
Section 1 – Effective Steps to Get Rid of coinhive.com from Windows PC
Option 1 – Locate all coinhive.com related files on your own and manually remove the virus (Don’t Try This Method if You Are not a PC Expert)
Option 2 – Install top-class anti-malware tool to help you remove coinhive.com safely and quickly (Hot Option! Best Method for All PC Users)
Option 1 – Manually Remove coinhive.com
Step 1. Uninstall coinhive.com related programs and other unwanted software you installed recently.
1. Press “Windows” key and “R” key at the same time to open “Run” window, and then type “control panel” into the Run window and click OK.
2. Now select category view, and click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Click Installed On to display the latest programs, scroll through the list to find and uninstall coinhive.com and other unwanted programs installed recently.
Step 2 Get rid of malicious Registry values and keys associated with coinhive.com.
1. Press “Windows” key and “R” key at the same time to open “Run” window, then type “regedit” into the window and click OK
2. Now manually locate all malicious registries created by coinhive.com:
Attention, Please!! Any small mistake made in Registry will ruin your computer!!
TO AVOID Damages to Your System, Our Lab Recommend:
Step 3. Remove Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer add-on, Chrome extension and Firefox add-on related with coinhive.com.
Google Chrome User
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon to delete Coinhive.com extension.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click Disable or Remove button of Coinhive.com.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
Internet Explorer User
- Open the IE, click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window., and then select Coinhive.com
- Make sure to remove all BHO’s you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Click Remove and then click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
Microsoft Edge User
(Since Edge browser does not have extensions function now, what you need is just to reset homepage and search engine.)
1. Set your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
2 . Set your default search engine to remove search redirect virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default
Option 2 – Remove coinhive.com easily and safely with help of top-class Anti-Malware Software. (Easy and Quick)
Step 1. Diagnose your computer with professional anti-malware softwre and remove coinhive.com and other viruses.
1. Click the button below to download PlumBytes safety:
2. State installing it by double-clicking antimalwaresetup.exe.
3. Scan your computer with Plumbytes to detect all threats including coinhive.com:
4. Click REMOVE NOW to delete all malware and viruses when scan is completed
SpyHunter is best of the best AntiSpyware/ AntiMalware tool capable of detecting and removing all the Adware, Spyware, Malware, PUP, and Trojan Horse hiding in Windows computer. Start a free scan with SpyHunter now and find out all malicious files related with coinhive.com virus.
1. Click the button below to download SpyHunter safety:
2. Once downloaded, please double-click SpyHunter -Installer.exe to start the installation.
3. When SpyHunter is installed, run a scan to detect Coinhive.com and other threats:
4. Once SpyHunter completes the scan, please click FIX YOUR PROBLEMS NOW to get rid of Coinhive.com and all hidden viruses.
Step 2 Use professional computer optimizer to fix all damaged registry errors and security bugs caused by coinhive.com.
Notes: If coinhive.com virus still appear after you removed it with the above antimalware tools , it is clear that there are some registry errors and security bugs needed to be fixed. Coinhive.com virus can be re-activated by malicious codes it injected into your Registry, therefore we need to fix those registry errors and security codes and recover the healthy system files. After we fix the Registry, coinhive.com will not have any chance to re-activate itself again. When we do any operation related with Registry, we need to be 100% careful, because any small mistake we make in the Registry can lead to severe problems, therefore, we recommend every user to get PC Health Advisor or RegcurePro help you complete the complicated operations in Registry automatically. They are the best tools which can maximize system performance and fix registry and system errors. take action now:
PC Health Advisor
1. Click the below to download PC Health Advisor safety:
2. Start PC Health Advisor Setup and install it :
3. Scan all system security bugs and click FIX ALL to optimize your computer:
1. Click the below to download RegcurePro safety:
2. Once downloaded, then double-click RegCureProSetup to start the installation of RegcurePro.
3. When RegcurePro is installed, please click Click to Start Scan to detect files corrupted by Coinhive.com:
4. Once RegcurePro completes the scan, please click Fix Allto solve security bugs related with Coinhive.com.
Step 3 (Optional). Reset Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome to clean up cookies of coinhive.com.
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings:
2. click “Choose what to clear”:
3. Click “Show more” and select them all and click Clear:
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button, and then click on Settings
2. Under the Chrome Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button, and then scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset settings button
4. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Refresh Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Refresh Firefox button when it appears:
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
Section 2 – Effective Ways to Get Rid of coinhive.com from Mac OS
- Option 1 – Install Mac Anti-Malware Tool to Automatically Remove coinhive.com from Mac OS with Ease
- Option 2 – Manually Remove coinhive.com from Mac OS if You Are an Mac Repair Expert
Option 1 - Auto Removal (Safe and Fast)
Option 1 – Install Mac Anti-Malware Tool to Automatically Remove coinhive.com from Mac OS with Ease
In case your Mac machine has been infected with coinhive.com and related malware, the best and safest way to cure your Mac is to automatically remove the infections with a reliable and powerful protection tool. Here we recommend you to install the famous Mac anti-malware software – MacKeeper Lite, which is capable of cleaning up all Malware, Adware, Trojan, Spyware, Hijacker and other forms of Mac threats and keep your Mac and privacy safe every day. Now get it installed and let it get rid of coinhive.com virus from your Mac completely and speed up your system performance to the top:
1. click the download button below download MacKeeper now:
2. Double-click “MacKeeper.3.10.pkg” and follow its instructions to install it:
3. Click Internet Security to get the anti-virus and safe browsing function to detect and clean up infections:
4. Use Smart Uninstaller to remove all unwanted or suspicious software related with coinhive.com:
5. In “System Status” tab, run a Scan to detect junk files left by coinhive.com and then click “Fix items Safely” to clean up all items:
Option 2 - Manual Removal (Complicated)
Option 2 – Manually Remove coinhive.com from Mac OS if You Are an Mac Repair Expert
Step 1.Remove coinhive.com related extension from Safari.
- Open up Safari
- Click onto ‘Safari’ and then select ‘Preferences’
- Select the ‘extensions’ tab in the top menu bar
- It will display all extensions, or plugins that are currently installed
- Choose coinhive.com and related or suspicious extensions you want to uninstall
- Click the Uninstall button
Step 2.Uninstall coinhive.com related software completely on Mac OS.
1. Open “Finder”
2. Go to the “Applications” folder
3. Right click coinhive.com or other unwanted program, then select “Move to Trash”
4. Open “Trash” folder and select “Empty”
Step 3. Reset Safari to get rid of all malicious cookies and files created by coinhive.com.
- Click Safari menu and then click Reset Safari
- Click Reset to clear all of the selected items.
(NOTE: In case your try the manual removal way but still unable to remove coinhive.com from Mac, we highly recommend you to install MacKeeper to help you detect and remove the virus quickly and completely.)
coinhive.com virus is mainly spread online through resources such as Free Software, Spam Email and Porn Websites. To avoid virus and malware like coinhive.com infect your computer again, you should keep these tips in your mind:
1. Always select Advance or Custom Install if you want to install any free software;
2. Scan all attached files of emails you receive, even the emails sent from Contacts;
3. It’s best not to visit porn websites, which are often hosted by cyber criminal and they may harm your system severely.