What Is Speedomizer Search?
Speedomizer Search will appear to replace your homepage and search engine. And it seems to be able to provide you functional search experience on the surface. It may give you a full page of results which are really apt to your likings. But should you trust it? Never. That is because the results are really fake and they are just titled with the key works inputted by you directly. So it could attract your attentions. The results will guide you to visit many kinds of websites which could pay it commissions. And that is browser hijacker. It comes to your PC to earn money.
As you know, Speedomizer Search infects your PC to make you visit its cooperated pages, so it will also change the settings here to remove the blocks for the suspicious websites. when you visit the pages, you will not receive any warning and you will sometimes be cheated by their content. Among these, fishing websites will play an important role for criminals to trick you. If you take Speedomizer Search as a normal website and input your information, your accounts will be hacked by it. So you could face with money lose. And your private will be leaked in this matter.
In the end, we believe you should remove the control from Speedomizer Search on your browsers. Here we will provide you with some instructions which are necessary for users because they will guide them to eliminate it and repair the system here. Besides, we also recommend you to maintain your system frequently to avoid this kind of tragedy.
Our experts have worked out the solutions on removing Speedomizer Search from Windows PC and Mac OS below: Section 1 is for Windows PC Users; Section 2 is for Mac OS Users. Please follow the corresponding solution for your computer OS.
Click the tabs below to select Section 1 or Section 2
- Section 1 - Remove Speedomizer Search from Windows OS
- Section 2 - Remove Speedomizer Search from Mac OS
Section 1 – Effective Steps to Get Rid of Speedomizer Search from Windows PC
Option 1 – Locate all Speedomizer Search related files on your own and manually remove the virus (Don’t Try This Method if You Are not a PC Expert)
Option 2 – Install top-class anti-malware tool to help you remove Speedomizer Search safely and quickly (Hot Option! Best Method for All PC Users)
Option 1 – Manually Remove Speedomizer Search
Step 1. Uninstall Speedomizer Search related programs and other unwanted software you installed recently.
1. Press “Windows” key and “R” key at the same time to open “Run” window, and then type “control panel” into the Run window and click OK.
2. Now select category view, and click on Uninstall a program under the Programs.
3. Click Installed On to display the latest programs, scroll through the list to find and uninstall Speedomizer Search and other unwanted programs installed recently.
Step 2 Get rid of malicious Registry values and keys associated with Speedomizer Search.
1. Press “Windows” key and “R” key at the same time to open “Run” window, then type “regedit” into the window and click OK
2. Now manually locate all malicious registries created by Speedomizer Search:
Attention, Please!! Any small mistake made in Registry will ruin your computer!!
TO AVOID Damages to Your System, Our Lab Recommend:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Speedomizer Search
Step 3. Remove Microsoft Edge/ Internet Explorer add-on, Chrome extension and Firefox add-on related with Speedomizer Search.
Google Chrome User
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Click Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Click the trash can icon to delete Speedomizer Search extension.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- A confirmation dialog appears, click Remove.
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
- Make sure to remove all extensions you do not know or need.
- Click Disable or Remove button of Speedomizer Search.
- Click Restart now if it pops up.
Internet Explorer User
- Open the IE, click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions on left side of the window., and then select Speedomizer Search
- Make sure to remove all BHO’s you do not know or need.
- If the add-on can be deleted, you’ll see the Remove option. Click Remove and then click Close. Otherwise click Disable button.
Microsoft Edge User
(Since Edge browser does not have extensions function now, what you need is just to reset homepage and search engine.)
1. Set your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages
- select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
2 . Set your default search engine to remove search redirect virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like
- Now select the search engine you like and click Add as default
Option 2 – Remove Speedomizer Search easily and safely with help of top-class Anti-Malware Software. (Easy and Quick)
Step 1. Diagnose your computer with professional anti-malware softwre and remove Speedomizer Search and other viruses.
1. Click the button below to download PlumBytes safety:
2. State installing it by double-clicking antimalwaresetup.exe.
3. Scan your computer with Plumbytes to detect all threats including Speedomizer Search:
4. Click REMOVE NOW to delete all malware and viruses when scan is completed
SpyHunter is best of the best AntiSpyware/ AntiMalware tool capable of detecting and removing all the Adware, Spyware, Malware, PUP, and Trojan Horse hiding in Windows computer. Start a free scan with SpyHunter now and find out all malicious files related with Speedomizer Search virus.
1. Click the button below to download SpyHunter safety:
2. Once downloaded, please double-click SpyHunter -Installer.exe to start the installation.
3. When SpyHunter is installed, run a scan to detect Speedomizer Search and other threats:
4. Once SpyHunter completes the scan, please click FIX YOUR PROBLEMS NOW to get rid of Speedomizer Search and all hidden viruses.
Step 2 Use professional computer optimizer to fix all damaged registry errors and security bugs caused by Speedomizer Search.
Notes: If Speedomizer Search virus still appear after you removed it with the above antimalware tools , it is clear that there are some registry errors and security bugs needed to be fixed. Speedomizer Search virus can be re-activated by malicious codes it injected into your Registry, therefore we need to fix those registry errors and security codes and recover the healthy system files. After we fix the Registry, Speedomizer Search will not have any chance to re-activate itself again. When we do any operation related with Registry, we need to be 100% careful, because any small mistake we make in the Registry can lead to severe problems, therefore, we recommend every user to get PC Health Advisor or RegcurePro help you complete the complicated operations in Registry automatically. They are the best tools which can maximize system performance and fix registry and system errors. take action now:
PC Health Advisor
1. Click the below to download PC Health Advisor safety:
2. Start PC Health Advisor Setup and install it :
3. Scan all system security bugs and click FIX ALL to optimize your computer:
1. Click the below to download RegcurePro safety:
2. Once downloaded, then double-click RegCureProSetup to start the installation of RegcurePro.
3. When RegcurePro is installed, please click Click to Start Scan to detect files corrupted by Speedomizer Search:
4. Once RegcurePro completes the scan, please click Fix Allto solve security bugs related with Speedomizer Search.
Step 3 (Optional). Reset Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome to clean up cookies of Speedomizer Search.
1. Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings:
2. click “Choose what to clear”:
3. Click “Show more” and select them all and click Clear:
1. Open Chrome, then click “Customize and control Google Chrome” button, and then click on Settings
2. Under the Chrome Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, then click on Show advanced settings button, and then scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset settings button
4. A message box will pop up to inform that your browser settings will be restored to their original defaults, click Reset button when it appears:
1. Open Firefox, then click on Firefox button, then Click on Help button, then Click on Troubleshooting Information
2. At the Troubleshooting Information page, click on Refresh Firefox
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset Firefox to its initial state, click Refresh Firefox button when it appears:
1. Open Internet Explorer, then click on Tools, then click on Internet Options
2. On the Internet Options window: click on Advanced tab, then click Reset button
3. A message box will pop up to let you confirm that you want to reset all Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset button when it appears:
Section 2 – Effective Ways to Get Rid of Speedomizer Search from Mac OS
- Option 1 – Install Mac Anti-Malware Tool to Automatically Remove Speedomizer Search from Mac OS with Ease
- Option 2 – Manually Remove Speedomizer Search from Mac OS if You Are an Mac Repair Expert
Option 1 - Auto Removal (Safe and Fast)
Option 1 – Install Mac Anti-Malware Tool to Automatically Remove Speedomizer Search from Mac OS with Ease
In case your Mac machine has been infected with Speedomizer Search and related malware, the best and safest way to cure your Mac is to automatically remove the infections with a reliable and powerful protection tool. Here we recommend you to install the famous Mac anti-malware software – MacKeeper Lite, which is capable of cleaning up all Malware, Adware, Trojan, Spyware, Hijacker and other forms of Mac threats and keep your Mac and privacy safe every day. Now get it installed and let it get rid of Speedomizer Search virus from your Mac completely and speed up your system performance to the top:
1. click the download button below download MacKeeper now:
2. Double-click “MacKeeper.3.10.pkg” and follow its instructions to install it:
3. Click Internet Security to get the anti-virus and safe browsing function to detect and clean up infections:
4. Use Smart Uninstaller to remove all unwanted or suspicious software related with Speedomizer Search:
5. In “System Status” tab, run a Scan to detect junk files left by Speedomizer Search and then click “Fix items Safely” to clean up all items:
Option 2 - Manual Removal (Complicated)
Option 2 – Manually Remove Speedomizer Search from Mac OS if You Are an Mac Repair Expert
Step 1.Remove Speedomizer Search related extension from Safari.
- Open up Safari
- Click onto ‘Safari’ and then select ‘Preferences’
- Select the ‘extensions’ tab in the top menu bar
- It will display all extensions, or plugins that are currently installed
- Choose Speedomizer Search and related or suspicious extensions you want to uninstall
- Click the Uninstall button
Step 2.Uninstall Speedomizer Search related software completely on Mac OS.
1. Open “Finder”
2. Go to the “Applications” folder
3. Right click Speedomizer Search or other unwanted program, then select “Move to Trash”
4. Open “Trash” folder and select “Empty”
Step 3. Reset Safari to get rid of all malicious cookies and files created by Speedomizer Search.
- Click Safari menu and then click Reset Safari
- Click Reset to clear all of the selected items.
(NOTE: In case your try the manual removal way but still unable to remove Speedomizer Search from Mac, we highly recommend you to install MacKeeper to help you detect and remove the virus quickly and completely.)
Speedomizer Search virus is mainly spread online through resources such as Free Software, Spam Email and Porn Websites. To avoid virus and malware like Speedomizer Search infect your computer again, you should keep these tips in your mind:
1. Always select Advance or Custom Install if you want to install any free software;
2. Scan all attached files of emails you receive, even the emails sent from Contacts;
3. It’s best not to visit porn websites, which are often hosted by cyber criminal and they may harm your system severely.